Career Related Experience
Sylvan Learning Center, Teacher, August 2004-June 2005
· Provided individualized instruction in the areas of beginning reading,
academic reading, writing, and mathematics for students in grades K-12 using
proven concrete Sylvan strategies and techniques.
Coconino High School, GEAR-UP Office Manager & Mentor, April 2002-June 2005
· Managed and maintained statistics on entire class of 2006 to be used
for scholarship and other grant purposes.
· Fulfilled needs of payroll management for entire GEAR UP staff.
Knoles Elementary School, Student Teacher, January-April 2004
· Designed and implemented dynamic lesson plans integrating multiple
content areas, which were aligned with Arizona State Standards for fifth grade.
· Evaluated and analyzed students' AR (Accelerated Reader) scores.
· Lead parent-teacher conferences, including Spanish-speaking families.
· Facilitated ELL students by providing additional context support and
input modifications.· Accommodated Special Education students through modified
· Helped organize a school wide "love of reading week", scheduling various
NAU Practicum Experience
Knoles Elementary School, 4th grade Practicum, Fall 2003
· Designed and implemented games and strategies for learning the phonology,
semantics, and pragmatics of the English language with an ELL student.
Flagstaff Junior Academy, 3rd-6th Grades, Fall 2003
· Assisted students one-on-one doing math activities using Versatiles,
Tangrams, and other hands-on math manipulatives.
Flagstaff Montessori Charter School, 4th-6th Grades, Fall 2003
· Facilitated small group math lessons involving problem-solving skills
with 6th graders, and provided one-on-one tutoring for various levels of math.
Knoles Elementary School, 3rd Grade, Fall 2002
· Created a series of 12 literacy lesson plans centered around "community"
and taught these lessons over a period of twelve weeks to Mrs. Taylor's third
Estrella Mountain Elementary School, 1st and 4th Grades, Fall 2002
· Assisted in a remedial CLIP classroom with 8 students, producing running
records on students, developing vocabulary-based reading assignments, and testing
students on high frequency words.